Ready to book? Submit your booking form and lock in your trip today!
2019 South Australian
Snow Sports Planner
Mt Buller is the most accessible major alpine resort in Australia, just an easy and scenic three hour drive north-east of Melbourne. When you arrive, you’ll discover a beautiful alpine village nestled high in the snow-line with everything you need just an easy walk or free shuttle ride away.
Mt Buller’s average annual snow depth of more than 1.3 metres, bolstered by our state-of-the-art snowmaking infrastructure including the SnowFactory that produces snow at any temperature, takes a lot of stress out of that ‘will there be snow?’ question. Thanks to the Mt Buller Snow Guarantee on bookings, you get that all important insurance, and reassurance, when booking in your school group nice and early.
On the slopes, Mt Buller has Victoria’s largest lift network of 22 lifts (including a brand new 6-seater express on Bourke Street for the 2019 snow season) and more than 300 hectares of patrolled ski area, offers you over 80km of ski runs. The mountain has a superb mix of terrain for skiers and boarders, from mellow for beginners all the way through to hectic for experts and thrill seekers. The Ski & Snowboard School is Victoria’s largest, with over 300 friendly and professional instructors from across the globe joining us each season and sharing their passion for skiing and boarding with our guests.
Many schools know Mt Buller as home to the Victorian Interschool’s Snowsports Championships for over 60 years; not only is it an incredible week of competition and fun for schools from across the state, it’s the largest multi-discipline sports event in the Southern Hemisphere!
Guaranteed Skiing From Opening Weekend
Mt Buller guarantees skiing on our popular Bourke Street run from the Opening Weekend (Queen’s Birthday in June) through to close of the season, thanks to the Techno Alpin Snow Factory, which creates a generous stockpile of snow ahead of the season opening. Paired with our Snow Guarantee you can book your trip with confidence!
*Refer to our website for information on our Snow Guarantee.
2019 Early Bird Discount
Mt Buller is a popular destination for many schools, so we are continuing to offer our 10% Early Bird Discount for bookings that are made prior to May 1st, 2019! This discount is applicable to all schools lift, lesson and rental products, so get in early to secure your preferred dates and lesson times, and enjoy a tidy discount for being one step ahead of the game.
Terms and conditions apply.
Free Skiing With 4, 5 & 6 Day Products
Schools buying 4, 5 and 6 day snow products will enjoy a free afternoon on the snow, AND a free night of TWILIGHT skiing!* Collect your lift passes and rental equipment (when hiring through Buller Sports) from midday the day prior to your official product start date to take up this offer. *If part of your trip falls during periods twilight skiing is running. See mtbuller.com.au for more details on twilight sessions.
Let Us Plan Your School Trip
Buller Holidays strives to make your school snow trip to Mt Buller as easy as possible; our specialist bookings team is here to organise your whole trip. From lift, lesson and rental through to accommodation, transport, resort entry, activities and even meals. We take care of the whole lot in one booking.
And if all of that isn’t ticking the box, we have the most competitive kids’ pricing in Australia with convenient group lift, lesson & rental packages to make your booking easy.
A New Lift on Bourke Street!
A brand new 6-seater express chairlift will be ready to roll this coming winter lifting more skiers and boarders quickly up Mt Buller’s most popular beginner run. The new lift is an exciting upgrade from the Blue Bullet lift decommissioned after a long career at the end of the 2018 winter. The new Doppelmayr 6-seater will form a matching pair with the Mercedes-Benz Express chair, and will whisk passengers up to Bluff View in just over 2 minutes. Less time on lifts means more time on snow!
A Brand New Kooroora and Village Awaits
You won’t recognise our new look village when you visit this winter, with a dramatic redevelopment of the old Kooroora complex. A stylish new Kooroora food and beverage venue and a fresh new retail/rental hub replaces the old Kooroora building from yesteryear. A second phase of the project is set to follow in 2020, with luxury accommodation to be completed on the upper levels.
Free Season Membership for Teachers!
New in 2019 – Buller Ski Lifts is generously offering a FREE Season Membership for teacher(s) when they book their school a 4, 5 or 6 day mid-week school trip, at a ratio of one (1) membership for every 30 students booked. The Season Memberships will be allocated to a nominated teacher at the time of full payment is received, giving them unlimited skiing or boarding for the entire 2019 season! It’s our way of saying thank you and rewarding the hard-working teachers who make school snow trips possible. Memberships are not transferable, and conditions apply. Contact us for more info.
Even More Snow – Book With Confidence
Mt Buller is excited to boost our already great ‘snow guarantee’ in 2019 promising more snow right where you want it! A new ‘mini’ SnowFactory will add even more snow into the mix and focuses snowmaking efforts on teaching zones at the Ski & Snowboard School and Bourke Street in the early season! Snap up those early season savings confident there will be snow for your lessons. Experienced skiers and boarders will be thrilled at even more snowmaking in 2019, with new guns on Men’s Downhill offering more days on this cranking southside run this season.
South Australian Week Pricing
These package prices are only available for bona fide South Australian school groups participating in South Australian Week and SASS from Sunday 14th July to Friday the 19th July, 2019.
Primary and Secondary Students
& Equipment Rental
|Lift & Lesson Only
Jacket or Pants
Jacket & Pants
|3 Day [on request]
Extra Teacher/Assistant – Early Season & Spring
Jacket or Pants
Jacket & Pants
|3 Day [on request]
Additional Teacher/Assistant Lessons
Teachers/assistants desiring lessons can do so for $34 per person per lesson, and will be allocated into public lessons.
- All prices are per person and include GST.
- Lift access products include unlimited rides on all open lifts.
- Extra teacher/assistant pricing is applicable to a maximum quantity of 1 teacher/assistant per 5 students, capped at five (5) extra teachers or assistants.
- Equipment rental pricing includes helmets, which are compulsory for all students participating in ski or snowboard lessons.
- Wrist guards are included in pricing for students participating in snowboarding.
- Daily lunch option available at $19.50 per person, per day.
School group pricing is only available to groups with a minimum of 10 students.
Students must be aged between 6 – 18 years old, and attend a bona fide educational institution. Bookings must be made at least 14 days prior to arrival, with payment being made in full no later than 7-days prior to arrival.
The Ski & Snowboard School conducts school group lessons at 8:30am, 10:00am*, 11:30am and 1:30pm daily. Morning lessons run for 1.5 hours and afternoon lessons are slightly longer at 2 hours.
*10am lessons are given to first timers by priority.
Requested lesson times will be taken into consideration, but are not guaranteed. Final confirmation of lesson times will be made within 7-days prior to arrival.
For students to be assigned into private school group lessons, we require at least eight (8) Secondary students, or five (5) primary students of the same ability and discipline to form your own group. Private School group lesson meet with your assigned instructors in the Village Square. If your group size does not meet this minimum, your students will be incorporated into public lessons or with other school’s lessons.
Public ski lessons are conducted from Heli Flat (directly outside the front of the Ski & Snowboard School), with public snowboard lessons meeting at Bluff View (located at the top of the new 6-seater express lift on Bourke Street).
More information on your allocated lesson times will be confirmed with you closer to your arrival.
Buller Holidays offers gear collection at different rental locations, so you can choose a location to suit your school best. Rental package pricing includes rental hardware (boots, board/skis, poles/wrist guards, and helmet), while snow-proof clothing may be added at an additional cost per person.
Buller Sports Mansfield – This large warehouse sized store is ideal for large groups and day trips and allows your group to easily be fitted before heading up to the resort. A great option if you are staying off the mountain.
Buller Sports Central – Located centrally in the Village, this big on-mountain store is ideal for groups staying on mountain or groups spending just a day on snow – pick up and drop off at the bottom of the Bourke Street ski run.
Lift passes and lesson tickets are to be collected and signed out by an authorised teacher or assistant from the Buller Holidays office, located in the Village Ticket Office. Ticket collection at Buller Sports Mansfield or Buller Sports Horse Hill is available on request and must be arranged at least a week prior to arrival.
Lunch can be taken at either ABOM Restaurant or Spurs and is at a cost of $19.50 per person; it includes both hot and cold food options from the cafeteria. All dietary requirements can be catered for, please inform Buller Holidays prior to arrival of any allergies. The FOC teacher ratio also extends to lunches.
To streamline the booking process we can include resort entry as a part of your booking. Simply download and complete a bus entry form available here http://www.bullerholidays.com.au/school-and-group-bookings/
Email your completed form to us, no later than 14 days prior to arrival and we’ll take care of it. Alternatively resort entry can be organised directly with the Resort Management Board, on 03 5777 7200.
There is plenty of information on resort entry, overnight stays and getting here online: http://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/plan-your-visit/getting-here
Buller Holidays is the official central reservations team for Mt Buller, we can organise accommodation to suit all group sizes and budgets from fully catered or self-catered lodges, to room only, either on-hill or off-hill. For more information, please get in touch with our friendly Buller Holidays booking team. You can call us at 1800 BULLER or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
From Melbourne or surrounds, no matter what size your group we can organise your coach transfers to and from Mt Buller with competitive rates. For more information and pricing, get in touch with us and we’ll find something to suit.
Changes To Your Booking
We know changes to your snow trip can be unavoidable, so to accommodate these changes we are happy to accept any increase or decrease in numbers given to us in writing up to 7 days prior to your arrival. (This also applies to cancellations).
Should any decrease in numbers arise (within 7 days) due to medical issues, we will offer a refund or credit for the individuals unused snow products upon sighting of a valid medical certificate. All refund claims must be made within 14 days of the Schools departure.
Lesson changes are at the discretion of the School Groups coordinator and will be processed whenever possible. During peak times lesson changes may not be possible.
Before Your Arrival
Prior to your arrival at Mt Buller, it is highly recommended to visit our website www.mtbuller.com.au for all the latest snow and weather conditions and to familiarise yourself. It is important students and teachers are prepared for the changing weather conditions that are common in an alpine environment.
You may also like to download the Mt Buller Live APP to your phone which is a handy resource for trail maps, live webcams, lift status and even emergency numbers.
We recommend your group bring the following items that are key to staying warm and dry.
- Sunscreen, and eye-wear (sunglasses or snow goggles)
- Water resistant gloves, pants and jacket
- Warm shoes or boots adequate for walking in the snow
- Thermals, hats and beanies
Note: Due to hygiene reasons goggles or gloves are NOT available for hire however these items can be purchased at any Buller Sports store.
Allow Plenty Of Time For Your Trip
The trip up to Mt Buller can take longer than expected due to traffic or weather, please allow extra time as the road conditions can vary depending on conditions. For example if there is heavy snow on the road it can add an extra 30-45 minutes (or more!) to the drive to the village.
To make the start of your visit less stressful we recommend allowing plenty of time for rental collection and arrival on the first day – it usually takes longer than you think to get everyone fitted and organised so booking a later lesson time is a good idea.
Activities at Mt Buller
Mt Buller offers a range of different activities to entertain both students and teachers during your trip. These include the Mt Buller Airzone (trampoline park and rock climbing facility), National Alpine Museum, Mt Buller history hunt, a sculpture walk, snowshoe tours, a cinema and sports hall. The cinema and sports hall offer school group rates, and can be arranged by Buller Holidays as a part of your School trip.
For more information head to our website http://www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/events-activities/activities
1. In order to receive your preferred dates and lesson times, it is vital that you book as early as possible to avoid disappointment. Once you have chosen preferred dates, lesson times, and student/ teacher numbers, please download and complete the Schools Booking form – bullerholidays.com.au/school-and-group-bookings/ NB: Free of charge teachers are at a ratio of 1:8 for secondary students and 1:5 for primary students (Lift, rental can be included for FOC teachers.)
Please ensure students full names, DOB’s, chosen discipline, ability level and rental data (if applicable) is included on the booking form. We require this information to create a booking for you.
NB: During peak times requested lesson times may not be available due to high demand.
If you are requiring transport, resort entry, accommodation or meals to be organised through Buller Holidays, please complete the additional tabs in the booking form and a Buller Holidays consultant will contact you with applicable information and quotes.
It is important your students are allocated in the correct level, please use the below guide to determine students’ abilities:
|First Time Skier or Snowboarder
|Never skied or snowboarded before.
|2 – 3
|Can link turns on green runs.
|4 – 6
|Comfortable skiing or riding in control on blue runs
2. After completing your booking form with all requested information please visit http://www.bullerholidays.com.au/school-and-group-bookings/school-snow-trip-application/ to submit your application, sign your terms and conditions, and upload your booking form. NB: We cannot process your booking should this step not be completed.
3. Once your booking has been processed, Buller Holidays will issue you with a confirmation letter via email. An invoice will be generated after confirmation of your booking; you can expect to receive the invoice within 2-3 business days after you receive the confirmation email. The full booking amount must be received 7 days prior to your arrival; if full payment is not received your reserved lessons will be released and your order cancelled. Buller Holidays will issue a final statement after the Schools departure to account for any changes within the 7 days prior, and during the duration of the School’s trip.
General Conditions for Snow Product Bookings
- School Group must comprise of at least 10 students, aged between 6 – 18 years inclusive, who attend a bona fide educational institute.
- All booking applications must be received by Buller Holidays no later than 14 days prior to arrival. This includes a completed booking form and signed liability waiver (please refer to website to submit application bullerholidays.com.au).
- Full payment must be received no later than seven (7) days prior to arrival. Should payment not be received, products will not be delivered and all reserved lesson times will be released.
- Extra teacher/assistant pricing is only applicable to a maximum quantity of five (5) per school trip, at a teacher to student ratio of 1:5. Should you exceed this maximum quantity and/or ratio, our regular lift, lesson and/or rental pricing will apply to those excess members.
- All School groups must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code. To download a copy and read our safety on the slopes recommendations, please visit mtbuller.com.au/Winter/snow-weather/safety-on-the-slopes
- All lessons are subject to availability.
- Lesson times are confirmed at the time of booking confirmation. These may be subject to change and will be re-confirmed no later than seven (7) days prior to the School’s arrival by the Snow Sports Co-coordinator.
- No changes will be accepted within seven (7) days prior to the School’s arrival.
- Should additional lessons be requested, the Snow Sports School will endeavour to allocate the same instructor to the group, however this cannot be guaranteed.
- School group lessons are only available to groups of at least eight (8) secondary students, or five (5) primary students, of the same ability and discipline. Should your students not meet these requirements, they will be allocated into public lessons.
- School group lessons are only available at 8:30am, 10am, 11:30am and 1:30pm. All morning lessons are 1.5 hours, while the afternoon lesson runs for 2 hours. The start time is non-negotiable, and instructors cannot extend your lessons should you be late.
- During peak periods (Victorian Term 2 School Holidays, weekends in July and August) only the 8:30am and 1:30pm school group time slots will be available.
- Should any member of the School group require special assistance, this must be organised at least 14 days prior with the Snow Sports School to make arrangements.
- Extra lessons are at a cost of $35 per person and are subject to availability.
Lift Passes and Lesson tickets
- All lift passes are non-transferable and cannot be resold. Lift passes offer full lift access to all running lifts at Mt Buller.
- School groups receive FOC teachers at a ratio of 1:8 for secondary schools students and 1:5 for primary school students. This extends to Lift, Rental and Lunch.
- Free of Charge Season Memberships are available to Schools booking with the following criteria:
- 4, 5 or 6 day Snow Products (Lift, Lesson and/or Rental)
- Mid-week (Monday – Friday) first day of lift and lessons
- Blackout dates: June 29th – July 14th (Victorian July School Holidays), and all weekends throughout the snow season
- One season membership will be provided for every 30 students booked (primary or secondary).
- Lift and lesson tickets must be collected and signed out from the Buller Holidays office by a teacher or assistant accompanying the group. No passes will be signed out to individuals.
Payments, cancellations and refunds
- Full payment of the balance owing is due no later than 7-days prior to the Schools arrival. Should full payment not be received within the applicable time-frame, the booking will be cancelled and reserved lessons released*
*Payment terms apply to lift, lesson and rental bookings, and resort entry and transport bookings.
- A 25% deposit will be required to secure Snow Product bookings made prior to May 1st 2019. Otherwise, a full invoice will be issued.
- Should any changes be made within the 7-day period leading up to the Arrival Date, the outstanding amount payable will be reconciled in an invoice and sent after the School’s departure.
- All payments are to be made by EFT. Banking details will be included on your invoice which is generated by our accounts team.
- Full payment for accommodation bookings is due at the time of booking. Buller Holidays cannot hold or reserve accommodation without confirmation of payment (remittance or otherwise).
- Should you cancel your accommodation outside 14 days prior to arrival; a refund will be provided less a 10% non-refundable deposit. Cancellations made within 14 days prior are strictly non-refundable.
IMPORTANT – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY – WAIVER OF RIGHT TO SUE – YOUR ASSUMPTION OF RISK – THESE CONDITIONS AFFECT AND RESTRICT YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS!
Buller Ski Lifts Pty Ltd (ABN 25 153 985 829) and Buller Holidays (acting as its agent) (the Supplier) offers you use of recreational services (Recreational Services) at the Mount Buller Alpine Resort (the Resort) on the terms and conditions (the Conditions) set out in this sign. The Recreational Services are all services provided by the Supplier associated with the use of the snow slopes and the mountain for recreational activities including but not limited to skiing, snowboarding, mountain biking and sightseeing. The Recreational Services include, but are not limited to, the provision and operation of ski lifts, snowmaking, snow slope design, construction, maintenance and grooming, hazard assessment and mitigation, construction and maintenance of mountain bike trails, skiing and snowboarding lessons, and the operation of the ski patrol.
You may accept this offer by purchasing a BTag, ski lift access product, using a BTag, topping up a BTag, hiring equipment from the Supplier, purchasing or participating in lessons offered by the Supplier or using or making use of any of the Recreational Services. If you do any of these things, you have accepted this offer and are bound by the Conditions.
PURCHASE OF BTAG AND DAILY ACCESS
- You must purchase a BTag and ski lift access product for the days on which you wish to ski, snowboard or mountain bike at the Resort. Prices are displayed at the Resort and on the Supplier’s website. If you rent equipment or enrol or participate in skiing or snowboarding lessons, you must also pay the applicable price. Even if you fail to purchase a BTag or to pay an applicable fee, if you use any of the facilities at the Resort or make use of any of the Recreational Services, by such use you agree to and will be bound by these Conditions.
EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY
- The Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, are not liable to you, your dependents or legal representatives, for personal injury or death suffered by you due to the negligence, breach of contract or statute or statutory duty of the Supplier, including but not limited to any liability for Recreational Services not being rendered with due care and skill or not being reasonably fit for any purpose which you made known, expressly or by implication, to the Supplier or because they failed to achieve any result reasonably expected by you which you, expressly or by implication, made known to the Supplier or for breach of any other consumer guarantee of the Australian Consumer Law (Vic) or of the Australian Consumer Law (Cth).
RISK WARNING AND WAIVER TO SUE
- You acknowledge that Recreational Services and associated recreational activities are dangerous with many risks and hazards and as a consequence personal injury (including serious personal injury) and sometimes death can occur and you assume and accept all such risks and hereby waive the right to sue the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by you in any way whatsoever caused by or arising from your use of such services or your participation in such activities.
- WARNING: If you participate in these activities your rights to sue the Supplier under the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this sign. NOTE:The change to your rights, as set out in or on this sign, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the Supplier’s part. ‘Gross negligence’, in relation to an act or omission, means doing the act or omitting to do an act with reckless disregard, with or without consciousness, for the consequences of the act or omission. See regulation 5 of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Regulations 2012 and section 22(3)(b) of the Australian Consumer Law & Fair Trading Act 2012.
- You must comply with the Alpine Responsibility Code and all signs or other directions of the Supplier. It may suspend or cancel your BTag and access to Recreational Services at the Resort in its absolute discretion for non-compliance with the Code, these Conditions, or for reckless or careless conduct.
- You must carry your BTag in or on your ski jacket at all times on the snow slopes which must be presented to the Supplier’s agent upon request.
- No BTag or access product can be resold, transferred or altered in any manner. They are valid only for the dates purchased. The Supplier will not refund or replace any BTag if you suffer any illness or injury or if any lift service is not operating.
- These Conditions may be varied from time to time. The variations will be displayed on signs at the Resort and posted on the Supplier’s Website.
- These Conditions are to be governed by and construed first in accordance with the laws of the Commonwealth of Australia and secondly in accordance with the laws of the State of Victoria. If there is any inconsistency, the laws of the Commonwealth prevail. The courts of Victoria have exclusive jurisdiction. If any provision is determined to be void, illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be deemed to be deleted and the remaining provisions shall remain and continue to be valid, binding and enforceable.
PURCHASES ON BEHALF OF ANOTHER PERSON AND INDEMNITY
- If you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf of another person, you make that purchase as the agent of that other person who is also bound by these Conditions and by using or making use of the Recreational Services such person acknowledges and agrees to the Conditions as if that person had read this sign and then made the purchase. You warrant that you have that person’s authority to so bind them unless you purchase a BTag or access product or Recreational Service from the Supplier on behalf a child (under 18 years) in which case you agree to fully indemnify the Supplier for all loss and damage it may suffer due to any legal proceedings being brought by or on behalf of that child against the Supplier, its employees, directors and agents, for any personal injury or death suffered by that child caused by or arising from his/her use of Recreational Services or participation in recreational activities.
PRIVACY STATEMENT – See website www.mtbuller.com.au for privacy statement
Mt Buller Website:
For all resort information and live updates on resort and snow conditions.
Ski & Snowboard School Group Supervisor:
Phone: (03) 5777 7836
Phone: (03) 5777 7808
Phone: (03) 5777 6185
Mt Buller Police:
Phone: (03) 5777 6172
Alpine Resort Management Board:
Phone: (03) 5777 7200
Mansfield Mt Buller Bus Lines (MMBL):
Phone: 03 5775 2606
South Australian Schools Snowsports Championship: