Coaching – Time Trials – Custom Race Events
NEW for 2021: ‘Race Training Booking Location’
In order to provide schools with the opportunity to have access to a race training course, we have developed a new service to book a race training location for a specified period. Bookings may be made in a similar fashion to our time trails and events. This is to provide as many schools access to a race course for practice purposes.
Details of the ‘Race Training Location Reservation’ are provided below:
- Schools have the option to reserve a race training course for a specified time slot in 2 hours blocks at designated times:
- 7:00 (Only available on the weekend of the 17th & 18 and 24th & 25th of July)
- 11:00 and;
- 1:30 (not available on some dates)
- Race Training Location Reservations will not be offered over the July School Holiday period.
Race Training Location Benefits:
Race Training Location examples– Summit Ridge, Skyline or Wenzels Weave – this will depend on snow and prevailing weather conditions and be at the sole discretion of Buller Ski Lifts.
- The race training location will be fenced off and the race course specifically reserved for the school booking.
- One race & events staff member or instructor will be at the race course location to assist in maintenance, provide basic coaching & instruction and verification of the use of the training course.
- A booking for a race course location is designed to provide schools with access to a GS training course – it is not designed to provide extensive coaching; instruction nor supervision of students.
- Only Alpine GS courses will be available to be booked.
- A maximum of 25 students in any one session may use the training location.
Please note: Ski School lift priority will not be provided for students during the booking time slot – with the exception of the initial access to the race course with the staff member.
A race & events staff member or instructor will collect children from Bluff View and escort the group to the race course location (with the exception of the 7:00 time slot where the group will meet in front of the Abom lift).
Assistance will be required from the school to ensure an appropriate duty of care. For every 10 children, the school will be required to provide 1 volunteer or teacher from the school to assist in escorting the children to the race training location and for the duration of the race training – the instructor or staff member will remain at the course location to provide support/guidance & maintenance. To ensure an appropriate level of care is provided, the race training reservation will be cancelled if schools fail to provide support staff as requested and 50% of the booking fee will be retained.
More details around the products and services available by the Race & Events Team for the 2021 winter season are provided in the Race & Events Planner attached with this message.
Mt Buller offers organisations the opportunity to host events or time trials. Time trials are a great opportunity to assist a school in selecting students in the lead up to the Victorian/National Interschools Competitions. Groups and clubs may wish to set up a fun, timed event.
When booking an event the following are included in the entry fee price:
- Race bibs for competitors (all bibs must be returned after the race)
- Start lists for event organisers
- Results within defined divisions (Interschools format) or other categories
- A hard copy of the official results
- Results will be loaded onto the Mt Buller website (unless advised)
- Race courses set by qualified coaches
Race Course Options
Mt Buller offers three different options for event organisers to select to conduct events.
Standard Race Course
- Is best suited for skiers and snowboarders of a low intermediate to high intermediate standard.
- Example course locations: Skyline, Bourke Street.
- A minimum of 25 competitors is required to run this event.
- When there is a mixed group of both alpine and snowboard competitors, the minimum number of snowboarders required for a separate snowboard course is 25 competitors.
- Is best suited for skiers and snowboarders of a high intermediate standard or above.
- Example course locations: Little Buller Spur, Summit.
- A minimum of 35 competitors is required to run this event.
- When there is a mixed group of both alpine and snowboard competitors, the minimum number of competitors required for a separate alpine/snowboard course is 35 competitors.
NEW IN 2021! – Bourke St Twilight Race Course
- Best suited for skiers and snowboarders of low intermediate to high intermediate standard.
- Location available on 17th & 24th July between 5:30 – 8:30pm
- A minimum of 35 competitors is required to run this event.
- As part of this event, the Race & Events Department will provide an announcer & music included in the entry fee.
- When there is a mixed group of both alpine and snowboard competitors, the minimum number of snowboarders required for a separate snowboard course is 35 competitors.
NOTE: You will be required to book separate Alpine and Snowboard time trials if you have competitors wishing to participate in both disciplines.
Seasonal Race Training Programs
Mt Buller offers tailored options for schools to conduct seasonal race programs. These include packaging season memberships and race coaching into one convenient price. These programs ensure consistent coaching over the snow season with highly qualified coaches.
For more information please contact the Ski School Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
An Excel Start list template will be emailed to the race organiser at least a week prior to the event start date. All start lists must be completed on the official form and returned to Race Department via email email@example.com no later than three days prior to the race.
If you would like the competitors to go in a specific order, please advise on the start list. We cannot guarantee what bib numbers competitors will wear. For example, if you have 30 competitors they may wear bibs 101 – 130 rather than 1-30. All bibs must be returned to the finish area straight after the second run.
Schools are welcome to inspect the course from the side prior to your race. Each race must start on time as we often have consecutive bookings. Alternatively, you may book an ‘inspection’ time slot at an additional charge.
Results will automatically be placed on our website www.mtbuller.com.au/Winter/Events-Activities/Race-Results unless we are informed otherwise. A printout of the results is available from the Race and Events Department. A copy will be given to the race organiser only. Parents and competitors may download race results from the website.
Results provided will include:
- Combined times over two runs within divisions and gender.
- Event Analysis – In the unfortunate situation where a competitor is disqualified (DSQ) or did not finish (DNF) and is not eligible to have two recognised times to combine for the overall results, this analysis provides schools with the opportunity to see each individual time. The event analysis will not be placed on our web page so please advise the Race Department firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of this emailed to you.
2021 RACE TRAINING LOCATION RESERVATION
2021 LIFT PASSES
For 2021, all lift passes must be pre-booked online prior to the Schools arrival.
2021 ENTRY FEES
Mid-week event pricing has been frozen at 2017 prices!
|Type of Event||Location||Minimum # Competitors||Price / Competitor|
Alpine & Snowboard
Example: Little Buller Spur
Example: Skyline, Summit,
or Bourke St
|NEW OPTION!||Bourke St Twilight
18th & 25th July 1st August
|Cross-Country||Village XC Track
|Moguls Grading||Pending Terrain||25||$26||$34|
|Course Inspection||On Course (side slip)
Approx 15 min allocated
|As per the above||$5||$5.50|
- These locations may be subject to change pending prevailing snow and weather conditions – the Mt Buller Race Department will contact the race organiser should changes be required.
- Moguls grading involves judging the overall performance. The main focus is on turns, which are worth 66% of the score. This is not a timed event. Competitors will also receive a basic explanation on how the Interschools moguls competitions are judged. Moguls grading includes two judged runs.
- Entries will be charged based upon final start lists on the day. Any name changes on the day of the time trial will be charged as an additional entry and incur an additional late fee of $5.00
- All events will consist of two runs with the exception of Cross Country and course inspections
- Buller Holidays will make every attempt to facilitate your preferred event time slot, should this not be possible, alternate options will be offered. Please note; on specific weekends we have a very high demand for Race training and Event products.
We recommend you plan ahead by booking your trials and / or coaching as early as possible. Buller Holidays will secure booking requests on a first come, first served basis.
- When preferred dates, times and participant numbers have been confirmed, download and complete the Mt Buller Race and Events booking form. Please ensure all requested information is recorded on the booking form, as we require this information to create a booking for you.
- After completing your booking form, please upload it via the Race and Events Application form. In the event that your first choice is not available, Buller Holidays will be in contact to discuss your options and alternatives.
- Once your booking has been confirmed, you will be emailed a confirmation letter. An invoice will also be generated, and emailed to you within 2-3 business days after your confirmation.
- Deposits must be paid as per the invoice terms in order to secure your time trial and/or coaching.
- The full amount for Race Training must be paid no later than 14 days prior to your arrival; if full payment is not received, your reserved times will be released and your order cancelled.
- Time trials and event entries will be charged based upon final start lists on the day. Any name changes on the day will count as an additional entry. The Buller Holidays team will provide an updated invoice and reconciliation at the completion of your event.
Cancellations, and/or booking changes will not be accepted within 7-days prior to your booking start date. All cancellation or change requests must be provided in writing to email@example.com.
Buller Ski Lifts will comply with all necessary directions from the health authorities to ensure our guests and employees are safe when training or undertaking any time trial event.
Race Training sessions are subject to the availability of suitable coaching staff. Modifications to bookings may be necessary under certain circumstances.
Phone: (03) 5777 7555 Free call: 1800 810 200
Located: “Saleyards” Village Ticket Office, Mt Buller Village
Mt Buller Website
For all resort information and live updates on resort and snow conditions.
Phone: (03) 5777 7860
(Only available during the operational snow season)
Phone: (03) 5777 7808
Phone: (03) 5777 6185
Mt Buller Police
Phone: (03) 5777 6172
Alpine Resort Management Board
Phone: (03) 5777 7200
Victorian Interschools Snowsports Championship
Phone: 1300 853 633